- Novice - Women Spec
- Novice - Women UL
- Novice - Men Spec
- Novice - Men UL
- Novice - Co-Ed
- Novice - Co-Ed UL
- Women - Short Course
- Men - Short Course
- Co-Ed - Juniors (Short)
- Girls - 19 & Under
- Boys - 19 & Under
- Women - 19 & Under
- Women - Spec
- Women - Masters
- Women - Masters UL
- Women - Senior Masters
- Women - Senior Masters UL
- Women - Golden Masters
- Women - Golden Masters UL
- Women - Unlimited
- Co-Ed - Open
- Co-Ed - Open UL
- Co-Ed - Masters
- Co-Ed - Masters UL
- Co-Ed - Sr Masters
- Co-Ed - Sr Masters UL
- Co-Ed - Juniors (Long)
- Men - 19 & Under
- Men - Spec
- Men - Masters
- Men - Masters UL
- Men - Senior Masters
- Men - Senior Masters UL
- Men - Golden Masters
- Men - Golden Masters UL
- Men - Unlimited
From I-5 south, exit Sea World Drive. Turn right onto Sea World
Drive and follow south/west around the Bay, past Sea World.
Take ramp on right to W Mission Bay Drive, via Ingraham
St/Mission Beach. Cross the bridge; at first traffic light, turn left
on Mariner’s Way into parking lot.
From south or east:
From I-8 west, exit Sports Arena Blvd. Turn right onto West
Mission Bay Drive. Cross bridge, stay right and take second ramp
on right to West Mission Bay Drive. Cross the bridge; at first
traffic light, turn left on Mariner’s Way into parking lot.
Vehicle Parking – Free, but limited
• Please park in areas designated as ‘P’ on map.
• Paddlers, do not go all the way through to the end of Mariner’s Way. Only trailer parking is allowed here.
• Parking Rules Strictly Enforced!
• No parking in RED ZONES.
Trailer Lot Open: Friday 6/25: 3pm to 8pm & Saturday 6/26: 5am to 9am. NOTE: After 9am Saturday
6/26, trailers will NOT be allowed to enter the lot.
• Trailer parking is extremely limited. It is best to come Friday afternoon and leave trailer(s) and canoes overnight (NO vehicles will be allowed to park overnight at the race site, hitched or not).
• We ask that clubs double up with other clubs and all trailers arrive on Friday, June 25.
• If your driver arrives Friday before 3pm or after 8pm, please park at the Dana Landing launch lot (1600-1908 Dana Landing Rd, San Diego, CA 92109) until the gates open. Do not attempt to pull in. You will not be given access, and you will not be able to turn the trailer around. It is a red zone and you will be ticketed.
• Only Trailer parking is allowed at race site. Paddlers – do not go all the way through to the end of Mariner’s Way. Only designated trailer drivers and authorized personnel into the lot. Yes, we will have parking attendants to direct you.
• Parking is FREE.
• Please email email@example.com or call Bobby Silva at 415-754-9349 with your club name, driver name, and trailer arrival time/date.
Friday June 25th, 2021
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Unload and Rig Canoes
Raffle Ticket Pre-Sale Pick Up
Merch Pre-Sale Pick Up
Saturday June 26th, 2021
6:00 am Unload/Rig Canoes
Raffle Ticket Sales
Breakfast items/snacks/coffee cart available
8:00 am MEETING Short Course Steersperson
8:45 am RACE Short Course (approximately 4-6 miles)
9:15 am MEETING Open (women, men, and co-ed) Steersperson
10:00 am RACE Open Women and Co-ed (approximately 12 miles)
11:00 am Food trucks open for lunch service
12:00 pm RACE Open Men (approximately 12 miles)
2:30pm Final raffle prize announced
3:00ish Food truck service ends
After-party…TBD. (check outriggerironchamps.com)
Race #1: Short Course
Begin at Mariner’s Point, travel west along north jetty, leave channel briefly, turn on bell buoy,
re-enter Mission Bay, travel east along south jetty, three miles, turn on planted triangle buoy,
return to finish lint at Mariner’s Point. Total estimated mileage: 6 miles.
Race #2 (Women & Co-ed) and #3 (Men):
Begin outside Mission Bay jetty – north of Bell Buoy and north jetty, travel north to Crystal Pier,
turn west on planted orange triangular buoy #1, travel west approximately 2 miles, turn on
orange triangular buoy #2, travel southeast, turn on bell buoy back into Mission Bay, travel
along south jetty, finish at Mariner’s Point. Total estimated mileage 12 miles.
Iron Champs will have a variety of food vendors for breakfast & lunch. Items vary from coffee, tea, smoothies, breakfast snacks, tacos, rice bowls, burgers and fries.
Hot Bevs Coffee Cart
• ARE Outrigger World
• Aloha Designs
• Aqua Adventures
• Bomber Eyewear
• Cali Paddler
• Culture Hot Sauce
• HippoStick/ 404 Base Camp
• Laguna Tribe
• Mason Jar Creations
• NELO USA
• Ohana Surplus
• Paddle Me
• Puakea Designs
• Quickblade Paddles
• Sierra Nevada
• Stellar Surfskis and Kayak
Iron Champs Merchandise & Opportunity Drawing Tickets
Visit our store www.OutriggerIronChamps.com
Online merchandise Pre-Sale opens 6/17 and closes at Midnight 6/24. We have a limited amount of pre-sale inventory so act fast while supplies last! All Pre -Sale items will be available for pick up Friday 6/25 4pm – 6pm and on race day and additional merchandise will be available for purchase on race day as well. We will also take orders for a post-race merchandise
run should you see something you want but it has sold out. All merchandise orders placed on race day will be shipped directly to each paddler.
2019 Iron Champs merchandise will be available on race day for really low prices.
Pre-sale raffle tickets will have names pre-printed on the ticket. Please make sure to include name, phone number, and club name in “merchant comments” section.
OC1 Raffle: 1 ticket for $10, 6 tickets for $50
General Raffle: 1 ticket for $1, 25 tickets for $20
2021 Special Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our paddling ohana is our top priority. There is an increased risk of COVID transmission with an event this size. This may be the first time many of us will be in a setting for an extended period of time with people they don’t usually interact with. We will implement appropriate physical distancing and wear face coverings in accordance with CDC and CDPH guidance. We will monitor the government and public health agencies as they change guidelines and adhere to any requirements and safety measures. Please familiarize yourself with the following protocols to properly prepare for this year’s event. It is the responsibility of coaches to ensure that team members follow these protocols.
- We will have both merchandise and food vendors. Please visit them all and support our friends but also avoid congregation and keep safe distance from others not in your party.
- All participants are encouraged to be vaccinated or tested 72 hours prior to the event.
- Wear face coverings in accordance with CDC and CDPH guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer and face masks will be available throughout the race site.
- Race results will be posted online on SCORA site. There will be no awards ceremony after the races to avoid congregation.
Visiting Crew Information
We have a new site and with that come some changes.
If anyone from your club has participated in a SCORA race in the past, please use your club’s account login and do not create another one and login here.
If new to racing with SCORA register here
Once in your account:
- Enter a coach if not already in there. Must enter them as “New”
- IF using your own canoes – check borrowed
- When it says “select the canoe you will be borrowing”, scroll down to “canoe not listed”, check the box of type, then type the canoe number. No need for color or name.
- If borrowing from SCORA – same as #3 but put “unknown” in the canoe number space
- Paddler input screen comes up – enter all of your paddlers under “Guest”.
- Select a coach
- Hit next and you will be sent to the payment screen. Pay in person or online.