Saturday, August 27 th, 2022 Oceanside Harbor
- Women - 19 & Under
- Women - Spec
- Women - Masters
- Women - Masters UL
- Women - Senior Masters
- Women - Senior Masters UL
- Women - Golden Masters
- Women - Golden Masters UL
- Women - Unlimited
- Co-Ed - Juniors (Long)
- Co-Ed - Open
- Co-Ed - Open UL
- Co-Ed - Masters
- Co-Ed - Masters UL
- Co-Ed - Sr Masters
- Co-Ed - Sr Masters UL
- Co-Ed - Golden Masters UL
- Men - 19 & Under
- Men - Spec
- Men - Masters
- Men - Masters UL
- Men - Senior Masters
- Men - Senior Masters UL
- Men - Golden Masters
- Men - Golden Masters UL
- Men - Unlimited
From Interstate 5, take the Harbor Drive exit and head west. Harbor Drive will take you directly to the entrance of the Harbor.
Parking Information & Fees
City of Oceanside Parking Map Click Here
Parking fees range from $10-$15 depending on Lot and time of day/night.
Free parking is available a short distance away from the race site.
To reach free parking, after exiting the freeway, turn left at Carmelo Drive (Del Taco). After parking, proceed to the pedestrian tunnel and take a Left.
To access pay parking lots closer to the race site, stay Left at the “Y” when entering the Harbor and continue to the beach and launch ramp area
LOT 11 (Behind the OOCC Canoe Yard) is Paopao Permit Parking Only
Canoe Trailers: Please tape the parking pass to the trailer’s driver side tail light
Cars – Do NOT back your car into any parking space – you will be ticketed
Canoe/Boat Overnight Watch
Oceanside OCC will have two people as overnight watch from 7:00pm on Friday until 5:00am Saturday morning for any Canoe trailers and/or Escort Boats dropped off on Friday. Please note we will do our best to keep an eye on everything, but OOCC is not responsible for any damage or theft. We highly recommend providing your own security for canoes and/or Escort Boats left overnight.
Guest boat slots are available for rent if you wish to choose that option by calling the Oceanside Harbor Office at 760-435-4000 (Mon-Sat 8:00am-4:30pm)
Launching Escort Boats
Escort Boats must arrive at the launch ramp no later than 6:00am to allow adequate time for all boats to launch in a timely and organized manner. Local fishing boats have launch priority on the Northern ramp so patience is required – we will have volunteers to help manage the area.
Oceanside Outrigger has also reserved the Coast Guard Dock for Friday night. There is 150’ of dock available with permission to dock two boats side-by-side. If you wish to launch Friday and tie up, please do so. DO NOT “find” an empty slot in the Harbor, you will be ticketed and asked to leave the harbor.
Securing Escort Boat
- Oceanside OCC will be offering contacts for a limited number of escort boats. Priority will be given to clubs who travel the If your club anticipates needing an escort boat, you should communicate your need(s) to Oceanside OCC rep email@example.com by Sunday, August 14th
- Currently there is a shortage of escort boats available in Therefore, we highly recommend securing your own boat – we are doing our best…..
- All clubs are responsible to contact their escort boat Skipper directly as well as provide the $700 donation regardless of whether they support one or both races.
- If providing your own boat, please insure it meets the SCORA guidelines, the skippers sign the SCORA waiver, and upload their insurance information here: Escort Boat Skipper Waiver
Canoes can be unloaded directly onto the beach and rigged on the sand.
Canoes can be carried/carted along the beach to access the launch ramp
Launching Canoes/Escort Boats
- Please DO NOT bring your canoe to the launch ramp area until all paddlers are available to launch. When the Canoe hits the water, it needs to leave the dock! Canoe launching is in the two South launch ramps only. (This is for both launching, changing crews for the afternoon Men’s race, and exiting).
- Please DO NOT have your Escort boat dock at the Coast Guard Dock until all paddlers and gear are ready to After crew is loaded, evacuate the area and head to the main Harbor channel to wait for your assigned canoe.
- The morning is always a bit crazy so patience, flexibility, pre-planning, and the Aloha Spirit will help make it a smooth and efficient morning.
Race Schedule & Registration
6:00am Unload and Rig Canoes
7:00am Team Check-In/Pay Race Fees at SCORA RV
7:00am Merchandise, Raffle, Beach Vendors open for business
8:00am Steersperson Meeting
9:00 am Start of Women/Coed Race
12:30pm Start of Men’s Race
3:30pm Awards Ceremony
Complete all registration online before midnight on Friday, August 26th. A late fee of $50 per crew applies to race-day registration. Check-in and registration closes at 8am. Even if you only have a men’s team racing in the afternoon, you still must register and pay your race fees in the morning before 8am. If you don’t pay your race fees before 8am, a late fee will be applied.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org before registering
Subject to Change
Accommodations & Shuttle
Click HERE to access the Visit Oceanside site for Hotels, local food establishments, and activities!
The City of Oceanside has a FREE EV Shuttle service throughout the summer season. Click HERE for more info and how to download the app to reserve/request a ride.
Unfortunately, we were not approved to have food for sale at the race. Oceanside Outrigger will have a Refreshment Station (next to the merchandise/raffle booths) with Water and Gatorade to refill your bottle and also snacks. (donations appreciated)
Restaurants at Oceanside Harbor
(All within walking distance from Race Site)
Tony’s Sports Bar and Grill (American Cuisine)
Lighthouse Oyster Bar and Grill (Seafood Cuisine)
Rockin’ Baja Lobster Coastal Cantina (Mexican Cuisine)
Dominic’s (Italian Cuisine)
Harbor Fish and Chips
The Stratford (Breakfast/Lunch Cuisine)
Nana and Pop Pop’s Sweet Shop (Sweets and Ice Cream)
Nautical Bean Coffee Company
Rising Sun Sushi (Japanese Seafood/Sushi)
Across the Water from the Launch Ramp
Oceanside Broiler (Seafood Cuisine)
North Side of Lot 11A
Harbor Pelican Deli Mart and Fish Market
NO ALCOHOL POLICY
There will not be a beer garden at this year’s race and alcohol of any kind is not allowed on the beach or anywhere in the Harbor area. Last year’s race permit was partially denied due to paddlers drinking on the beach and not adhering to this policy in previous years.
There will be Police and City Officials at our race – please help us continue to host our Paopao Race!
“Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on Harbor sidewalks, parking lots, beaches, etc. No drinking of alcoholic beverages is allowed in public.”
Raffle & Merchandise
There will be Paopao swag for sale on the beach along with a raffle and beach vendors.
We’re still gathering raffle items so come by in the morning to check out all the wonderful items and buy your winning ticket.
Zero Waste Initiatives
- Take home what you brought in – leave your team area trash-free
- Bring your own water FREE refills available at our Refreshment Station.
- If we run out, relive your childhood and fill with hose water at the OOCC canoe yard
- Trash and recycling bins will be placed throughout the beach/venue
- Money raised from recycled bottles and cans will benefit our youth